Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Movie Countdown: Fred Claus

Fred Claus is a cute, funny little movie with both laughs and a feel good ending.

I regret not watching this fine film before this year.  I caught it on TBS this month for the first time.

I think Vince Vaughn is usually great, but I also think it depends on the script he is given to some degree. That is why I had my doubts.  The reviews and ratings for Fred Claus were not particularly the best.  They were however more favorable than say, Deck The Halls.

Had someone told me before seeing it that Paul Giamatti would pull of a good Santa I would have had my doubts.  He was far from the best on screen Santa, but for the role in this particular movie I think he was cast well.  

The feel good part is what really caught me by surprise though.  I expected some laughs.  I just thought it might end up being shallow with no soul, again, Deck The Halls comes to mind.  I was pleasantly surprised though.  

This one is definitely worth checking out.  See another worth checking out.


No comments:

Post a Comment